Kathleen C. Ropka
Kathleen C. Ropka is a member of the firm’s commercial transactions, construction and real estate practice groups. Kathleen represents public and private clients, including school districts, community colleges, private owners, contractors and subcontractors, in matters relating to contract review and drafting, bidding, contract negotiations, lien and bond law, real estate transactions and any related litigation.
Prior to joining Robbins Schwartz, Kathleen worked at a construction law firm and a general litigation law firm in Chicago, Illinois where she gained invaluable experience in a wide array of practices areas. Kathleen has successfully represented clients in both jury and non-jury trials in state court and federal court and has practiced before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and the Illinois Appellate Court, First District. Kathleen now utilizes her diverse legal background and experience in the construction industry to best serve Robbins Schwartz and its clients.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law
- B.A., DePaul University, cum laude
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Roofing Contractors Association, CWIR Committee
- Illinois Leading Lawyer, Government and Regulatory-Related
- Illinois Leading Lawyer, Employment and School Law
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- “Your Construction Job Has Been Shut Down, What Steps Should You Take?” Chicago Roofing Contractors Association (2020)