Guy C. Hall
Guy Hall provides legal representation to a number of businesses, including electric cooperatives and health care institutions, on a range of matters including governance, policy development, contracts, real estate transactions, mergers, acquisitions, divestments and employment issues. He also advises local governmental entities, including park districts, in the areas of compliance, real estate transactions, taxation and creditor’s rights.
Guy is a member and past Chair of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Health Care Section Council and has counseled health care entities regarding Medicare and Medicaid, ERISA reimbursement disputes, health care services liens and compliance with the requirements of the Illinois Department of Insurance. Guy has been involved in the formation and conversion of health insurers. He has guided physicians through the development of policies and procedures as well as operational matters involving purchasing and leasing equipment, borrowing and security agreements. He has also advised on privacy matters, including medical records and HIPAA.
Guy has provided counsel regarding election and political party designations, candidate qualification requirements, environmental issues and demolition suits, as well as ordinance drafting and enforcement. He has also provided guidance regarding the Open Meetings Act, FOIA, ADA and other federal and state laws.
- “AV” Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- J.D., University of Tulsa College of Law
- B.A., University of Illinois
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Champaign County Bar Association
- Champaign Rotary Club
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Illinois Association of Park Districts
- Illinois State Bar Association, Health Care Section Council
- Illinois State Bar Association, Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications & Transportation Section Council
- The Carle Foundation, Board of Trustees
- “Could Your Township Benefit From the Work of a Committee?” Township Perspective, Township Officials of Illinois (2013)
- Ethical Requirements for Elected Officials, Illinois Association of Park Districts Boot Camp (May 2015)
- Park District Contracts: Contract Formation and Operational Considerations, Champaign Park District In-Service Employee Training (April 2015)