Matthew J. Gardner
Associate, Chicago Office
Matt Gardner is a member of the firm’s construction law and commercial transaction practice groups. Matt represents clients over the course of construction projects, from the contract negotiation and bidding, to protecting his client’s interest in litigation arising from any defaults, delays or other construction defects. Matt also represents clients in an array of matters involving real estate development and commercial transactions.
Before joining Robbins Schwartz, Matt’s practice involved product liability and civil litigation defense.
Matt also performs pro bono services representing clients through Chicago Volunteer Legal Services and is involved with Franciscan Outreach’s Lawyers United for the Homeless as well as the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless. He also volunteers as an investigator for the Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee.
- Co-author, "School Construction from Start to Finish: A Project Checklist," School Business Affairs Magazine, ASBO (May 2018)
- Contributing author, "Top 11 Public Bidding Questions," UPDATE Magazine, IASBO (2018)
- Contributing author, "Mediation a Win-Win for Clients and their Attorneys in Construction Litigation," Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (March 2018)
- Contributing author, "Organization, Finance, and Property," Illinois SCHOOL LAW, IICLE (2017)
- "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of School Bidding Requirements," UPDATE Magazine, IASBO (2016)
- "School Districts and Zoning Exemptions," Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, July 28, 2015
- The Anatomy of Mechanics Lien Claim: Preparing, Serving and Filing Notices and Claims, Illinois State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, Chicago, IL (May 2018)
- Lead Testing Update: Everything You Need to Know, IASBO Conference, Schaumburg, IL (May 2018)
- Community College Funds – Lawful Expenditures and Practical Considerations, Spring ICCCFO Conference (April 2018)
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 2008
- B.S., University of Utah, 2004
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Utah
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin