RECORDED WEBINAR: Freedom of Religion on School Grounds: Recent Supreme Court Decision Opens the Door for More Religious Expression
August 11 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Webinar Request: Freedom of Religion on School Grounds: Recent Supreme Court Decision Opens the Door for More Religious Expression
The United States Supreme Court, in a decision many view as further erosion of the separation of church and state doctrine, ruled that a public high school coach had a First Amendment right to pray on the football field immediately after a game. In this webinar, we will provide a comprehensive overview of the Supreme Court’s ruling in Kennedy v. Bremerton School District and analyze its potential impact on the ability of public educational institutions to regulate employee and student religious speech on school grounds. Attendees will also be provided guidance and recommendations to ensure that their religious expression policies and practices are consistent with this new decision.
What You Will Learn:
- An understanding of the Supreme Court’s decision in Kennedy
- The specific facts of the Kennedy case and why facts matter
- The interplay and conflict between the First Amendment’s free exercise of religion and establishment of religion clauses.
- Practical guidance on school district policies and practices governing religious expression in the workplace
Who Should Attend:
- District and School Administrators
- Human Resources Officers
- Board Members