Zaria N. Udeh
Zaria practices in the area of education law focusing in the areas of special education and students issues. Zaria counsels school districts with respect to IEP meetings, 504 accommodations, OCR, ISBE, and IDHR complaints, due process hearings, residency and homeless dispute hearings, student discipline matters, board policy and student handbook review, FOIA requests, student record compliance and contract review. Zaria also counsels community colleges on student related issues.
Prior to joining Robbins Schwartz, Zaria worked for the Chicago Public School District, where she represented the district as a special education attorney in due process matters and special education disputes.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law
- B.A., Yale University
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Chicago Bar Association
“Medical Cannabis at School Wins Legislative OK,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (2018)
- Use of Restraint & Seclusion: The Risks & Challenges Districts Face, IAASE (October 2018)
- Legal Update in Special Education, Superintendent Leadership Conference (June 2018)
- Current Trends Related to Placement and LRE: A Review of Recent Guidance from the Courts, IAASE (February 2018)
- “Free Speech” Issues on Public College Campuses, ICCSSO (January 2018)