Todd K. Hayden
Todd Hayden practices in the areas of school and municipal law. He provides governmental employers with guidance and counseling regarding labor and employment, including employee discipline and termination, board governance, collective bargaining, contract, public finance and transactional matters.
Todd has represented employers in various employer-employee disputes including federal and state litigation, EEOC/Department of Human Rights charges, State Labor Board Proceedings and grievance and arbitration proceedings. Todd has extensive experience in collective bargaining, including unit formation proceedings, negotiations, mediation and interest arbitration. He has performed construction contract reviews, served as local bond counsel and worked on school boundary changes.
Todd is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education to provide school board member training.
- Illinois Leading Lawyer, Employment Law: Management, Labor Law: Management, School Law and Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying & Administrative Law, 2015
- J.D., cum laude, Indiana University School of Law
- B.A., University of Michigan
Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Illinois Council of School Attorneys
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association — Local Government Committee
- Contributing author, “Civil Rights Litigation,” Illinois School Law, IICLE (2021)
- Collective Bargaining 2021, LUDA Spring Conference (June 2021)
- Legislative Update, ED-RED (June 2021)
- Remote Work or Leave of Absence Due to Covid-19?, LUDA Fall Conference (October 2020)
- Workplace Liability in the Post Pandemic Era, LUDA Spring Conference (June 2020)