Susan E. Nicholas
Susan E. Nicholas focuses her practice on serving employers, educational entities, municipalities and other public bodies in all aspects of labor and employment law and general student matters.
Susan is the former President and Treasurer of the Decatur Bar Association’s Executive Board. She also served as a Macon County Teen Court Moderator.
Prior to joining Robbins Schwartz, Susan practiced in a variety of areas including family law, criminal defense, estate planning, and civil litigation. Susan is also a former Assistant State’s Attorney in the Macon County State’s Attorney Office, which allowed her to make a positive impact on her community by upholding the principles of justice.
- Illinois “Emerging Lawyer” by Emerging Lawyers Magazine (2015)
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- J.D., magna cum laude, Southern Illinois University School of Law
- B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Council of School Attorneys
- Decatur Bar Association
- Contributing author, “Employment Discrimination,” Illinois School Law, IICLE (2010, 2014, and 2020)