Susan E. Nicholas
Susan E. Nicholas focuses her practice on serving employers, educational entities, municipalities and other public bodies in all aspects of labor and employment law and general student matters.
Susan is the former President and Treasurer of the Decatur Bar Association’s Executive Board. She also served as a Macon County Teen Court Moderator.
Prior to joining Robbins Schwartz, Susan practiced in a variety of areas including family law, criminal defense, estate planning, and civil litigation. Susan is also a former Assistant State’s Attorney in the Macon County State’s Attorney Office.
- Illinois “Emerging Lawyer” by Emerging Lawyers Magazine (2015)
- J.D., magna cum laude, Southern Illinois University School of Law
- B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Decatur Bar Association
- Contributing author, “Employment Discrimination,”Illinois School Law, IICLE (2010, 2012 and 2014)
- Ethics and Conflicts of Interest for Municipal Elected Officials, Illinois Municipal League Newly Elected Officials Workshop (June 2017)
- Navigating the FLSA: Compliance and Avoiding Common Pitfalls, Illinois Association of School Board Administrators Workshop (October 2017)
- Western Illinois Administrator’s Roundtable (2016, 2017, 2018)