Michelle L. Weber
Michelle practices in the area of education law with a focus on special education and student matters. She counsels school districts and community colleges regarding the IEP process, due process, Section 504, student discipline, board policy and student records.
Prior to joining Robbins Schwartz, Michelle worked as an attorney for Waukegan Public Schools and Chicago Public Schools, focusing in special education. She has experience counseling IEP teams and school administrators, representing districts in complex due process hearings and developing policies and procedures for school districts. Prior to starting law school, Michelle was a Middle School Language Arts Teacher in Los Angeles, CA.
- J.D., Loyola University, College of Law
- M.A., Loyola Marymount University
- B.A., Trinity College
Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Council of School Attorneys
- “DeVos Rollbacks Could Hit Schools Hard,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (2017)
- Removals to Interim Alternative Educational Setting for 45 School Days… Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How?, Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education Winter Conference (February 2022)