David J. Freeman
David concentrates his practice in local government law and litigation. For almost 30 years, he has served as general counsel to Chicago-area municipalities and park districts, representing them in day-to-day legal issues and as a municipal prosecutor. In addition, David has handled numerous litigation matters involving units of local government, including zoning and land use issues, contract disputes, local liquor licensure and code enforcement matters.
David has spoken before groups such as the Illinois Municipal League and the Illinois Institute for Local Government, as well as private groups on such topics as the Freedom of Information Act, the Open Meetings Act, code enforcement and procurement/bidding issues.
- J.D., Widener University School of Law
- B.A., Georgetown University
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Chicago Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association
- Ethical Dilemmas, IML Municipal Attorneys Seminar, Bloomington, IL (April 2015)