Learn about Illinois’ new recreational cannabis law and how it may affect your workplace:
- Whether employers can or should test applicants and employees for cannabis;
- What are the consequences of a positive test?
- How to recognize cannabis impairment in the workplace?
- Best practices for cannabis-related employment policies and procedures to keep your business insulated from liability.
Who Should Attend/Target Audience:
- Managers, supervisors, human resources personnel, and administrators of public and private employers in Illinois.
- Anyone responsible for employment decisions and policy development or implementation in the workplace
What You Will Learn:
The Webinar will address the following questions and issues regarding the legalization of recreational use of cannabis:
- Basic principles of recreational use of cannabis: Do’s and Don’ts
- How does the recent amendment to the Cannabis Act change workplace procedures?
- Are employers still allowed to test for cannabis?
- What due process rights does an employee have before being disciplined for cannabis use or alleged impairment in the workplace?
- What are the recognized signs of being impaired at work?
- What rules are there regarding “on call” employees?
- How does the Act define “workplace”?
- Training of supervisors and managers.