Susan E. Nicholas
Associate, Champaign Office
Susan E. Nicholas focuses her practice on serving employers, educational entities, municipalities and other public bodies in all aspects of labor and employment law and general student matters.
Susan is the former President and Treasurer of the Decatur Bar Association’s Executive Board. She also served as a Macon County Teen Court Moderator.
Prior to joining Robbins Schwartz, Susan practiced in a variety of areas including family law, criminal defense, estate planning, and civil litigation. Susan is also a former Assistant State’s Attorney in the Macon County State’s Attorney Office.
- Named Illinois “Emerging Lawyer” by Emerging Lawyers Magazine (2015)
- Ethics and Conflicts of Interest for Municipal Elected Officials, Illinois Municipal League Newly Elected Officials Workshop, Belleville, IL (June 2017)
- Teacher Reduction-in-Force (RIF) and Evaluations: Implementing PERA and Senate Bill 7 and Minimizing Teacher or Union Challenges, WIU/IASA Law Conference, Moline, IL (March 2013)
- Sage Rules for a Spicy Subject: Schools and Social Media, 2011 Joint Annual IASB/IASA/IASBO Conference, Chicago, Illinois (November 2011)
- District Website Postings: What’s Required? What’s Recommended?, IASB/IASBO/IASA Annual Conference, Chicago, IL (November 2010)
- Creating Safety Plans in Public Schools, Chicago Bar Association, Chicago, IL (June 2010)
- J.D., magna cum laude, Southern Illinois University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University, 1999
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Decatur Bar Association